Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dinner at Nanny's


Let me just start off by saying that I forgot to take a picture of all the wonderful food. Of course, I had planned on capturing a pic of all the wonderful veggies Nanny prepared. Man she really overdid herself this time. My mom's whole family was there. SO in total there was 15 adults and 6 kids. She had squash, corn, purple hull peas, cornbread, hot water cornbread, fried chicken, fried okra, and CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!! You see my grandmothers chocolate cake is to die for.


When my grandmother cooks it is like a piece of heaven. She is a very good cook and she hasn't been able to cook for everyone for awhile. Her health hasn't been very good lately. She is having some problems with her back / legs. She was hospitalized a few months ago for a blood clot too. I have to say Nanny is one of the best grandmothers around. She continues to keep on trucking along even when she is down. As I mentioned the other day we took her to the veggie stand, but we also picked up my cousin who is in 3rd grade. Nanny ended up taking him to see Transformers 2 later that day. Tonight she is bring him over so that they can swim for a bit. Now just know my grandmother is in her late 70s or early 80s. So I dedicate todays blog to Nanny, the world's best grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment